Houston Felony Attorneys
Harris County Felony Defense Lawyers
Harris County Criminal Lawyers Fighting for Your Rights, Freedom and Future
Houston Felony Charge Defense Attorneys – Fighting To Protect Your Rights, Future and Freedom
Levels of Felony Offenses in Texas
- Capital felonies are punishable by life imprisonment without parole or by death in capital cases in which the State seeks the death penalty.
- First Degree felonies are punishable by 5 to 99 years or Life in prison and up to a $10,000 fine.
- Second Degree felonies are punishable by 2 to 20 years in prison and up to a $10,000 fine.
- Third Degree felonies are punishable by 2 to 10 years in prison and up to a $10,000 fine.
- State Jail felonies are punishable by 180 days to 2 years in a state jail and up to a $10,000 fine.
- Aggravated Assault
- Aggravated Kidnapping
- Aggravated Robbery
- Assault by Impeding Breathing (choking)
- Assault against a Public Servant
- Auto Theft
- Burglary of a Habitation or Building
- Child Abuse
- Drug Defense, including Drug Possession and Drug Trafficking
- Evading by Motor Vehicle
- Failure to Register as a Sex Offender
- Intoxication Manslaughter
- Negligent Homicide
- Online Solicitation of a Minor
- Possession of Child Pornograpny
- Sexual Assault of a Child, including Indecency with a Child
- White Collar Crime, including Credit Card Abuse, Embezzlement , Fraud and Theft